Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact you to ask questions?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you require a deposit?
- How many faces can you paint in 1 hour?
- Where will you travel to?
- Do I need to provide anything?
- What kind of paint and glitter do you use?
- How Safe is Face Painting?
- How do I remove the face paint or glitter tattoo?
- How far in advance do I need to book my party?
- Do you paint adults as well?
How can I contact you to ask questions or to book my party?
Text/Call: 646-239-3975 or fill out the Contact Form.
How much do you charge?
The cost of a party is dependent on a number of factors such as how many guests you are inviting, how much time is necessary to paint each guest, the ages of your guests and the location of your party. Please call or email and we will be happy to provide you with a price and answer any questions you may have. As a general guideline, Fifi’s charges $125 for the first hour and $75 for each additional hour (this includes the cost of supplies and travel expenses, but may be more depending on the size and location of the party). Please Note: Unless there are less than 10 guests to be painted, Fifi’s Face Painting does require a 2 hr. minimum for all parties/events.
How many faces can you paint in 1 hour?
Full Faces: 8-10 guests per hour.
Cheek Art: 12-15 guests per hour
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve your day and time. Fifi’s accepts PayPal, check or cash.
Where will you travel to?
Fifi’s will travel to locations in Northern and Central New Jersey, Other locations in the NY/NJ Metro Area are also possible, but bookings more than 15 miles one-way (30 miles round-trip) are subject to an additional traveling fee.
Do I need to provide anything?
Fifi’s will need an area large enough for a table and at least two chairs. These can be provided by you or Fifi’s — whichever is best for the situation.
Face painting is done one at a time. Most designs take about 5-10 minutes. It is best to plan another activity that allows children something to do until their turn arrives. It also helps if someone is available to keep an eye on the children, including deciding the order to be painted. Fifi’s can keep a list so that children don’t have to wait on line, but we need to concentrate on the painting in order to do a good job!
What kind of paint do you use?
How do I remove the face paint or glitter tattoo?
The face paint washes off with soap and water. Use paper towels or wet wipes, not your good cloth towels,
as some colors may stain. Glitter tattoos come off easily with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.
How far in advance do I need to book my party?
Fif’s will accept party reservations right up until the day before your party if available. Typically, clients book 4-6 weeks in advance. Please book your party as soon as you have determined the date to avoid disappointment.
Do you paint adults as well?
Absolutely. Fif’s can face paint at corporate and other special events. A team logo on employees’ faces for a company softball game perhaps? Glamorous face painting for a bachelorette party, or cute designs for a baby shower? The possibilities are endless.
How Safe is Face Painting?
FIfi’s Face Painting is very conscious of hygiene and safety and follows the recommendations of The International Face Painting Association:
- Only use face paint products that comply with EU & FDA regulations.
- Check and read carefully the manufacturers recommendations on each product.
- It is advisable to ask whether a child/adult has had their face painted before.
- It is not recommended that children under the age of 2 are painted.
- It is recommended that children aged 2 to 3 years have a small design on the cheek, hand or arm only
- Children/adults with a cold sore, eczema, open cut, conjunctivitis and other infectious conditions should not be painted.
- It is recommended that painters use a clean sponge for each face painted.
- Change face painting water frequently.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene by keeping yourself and your kit clean as you work.
- Be careful when using products near eyes.
- Only use cosmetic grade glitter.
- Ensure faces are clean.
- Do not add disinfectant or any other hygiene product to face painting water. Professional face paints contain agents which act against yeast, mold and bacteria.
- It is recommended that clients remove face paint with mild soap and water.
If you hire Fifi’s Face Painting you can rest assured that you will be treated with the utmost safety and respect.